Best Buy’s return policy states that you will need to place the return order within 15 days of the date of the purchase. This goes for all the items that are eligible for the refund or exchange. The items that have receipt are eligible for refund whereas you will need to choose the exchange option if there is no receipt.
For all the items that will require the activation, you will need to place the return request within 14 days. This includes all the devices such as cell phone, etc. Also, you should keep in mind that all such devices that will require activation. For such devices and items, there is a restocking fee that you will have to give. The restocking fee for the same in $35. Items such as Mirrorless camera, rideable, DSLR Camera, drones, etc are subjected to 15% of the purchase price of the product.
In some states, there is no restocking fee. These states include Oklahoma, South Carolina, Mississippi, Ohio, Hawaii, Iowa, Alabama, Colorado, etc. This is because the fee is prohibited by the law.
Lastly, for the wedding registry items will be eligible for the return until the 60th day of the purchase. In other words, you will get 60 days to exchange the item.
The above-given information was just for the basic membership. If you are the one that has subscribed to the Elite membership of Best Buy. The standard return is of 30 days. Whereas in the same way, if you have purchased the My best buy Elite plus membership, you will have 45 days to return your item from the date of purchase.
The rules only apply to the standard items that will be eligible for the return and exchange. For the other items that are mentioned, the return policy is the same as the basic membership. This includes the 14 days return policy in cell phone and other devices that require activation and also, all the wedding registry items will have the return policy of 60 days, same as the basic membership.
The process of returning the item in Best buy is easy and doesn’t require much hassle. Moreover, they provide 3 options by which you can return the item to the best buy.
- The first one is to return it directly to the store
- You can return the product by mail using any carrier of your selection
- You can use the prepaid label of Best Buy
There are certain conditions for some items such as
- Apparel: Clothes should not be worn or laundered and should have original tags
- Best by Express, Best Buy for Business, and Best buy education are only eligible to return in the store
- Custom orders are not returnable
- Bundle items or items that are on discount, the company will reimburse you and then the value of the discount will be subtracted
- Software, movies, games, and music can only be exchanged if it is opened
- The gift will be refunded in the store credits